Here are some simple ways I’ve seen that bring in more customers and therefore generate more sales leads.
1. Use action words when you blog, tweet or advertise your business.
a. Act now
b. Buy now
c. Subscribe now!
d. On Sale now!
2. Ask for Reviews and people’s opinion. People like to give advice whether it is about writing or reviewing a book. They will definately tell you what they think. Customers don’t like to listen to you talk about yourself. They want to hear from others about your product.
3. Engage customers through blogging. Use short, concise and direct to the point content. Busy customers don’t like to read five pages about your product before they buy it. They want short answers to their questions.
Examples: How much does it cost? “5.99” versus “Well it is well worth it. It is money well spent even though it cost ten dollars.”
4. Stop selling your product. Tell others why your product will benefit them. Everyone likes to buy something that will help them. They don’t want to listen to you tell them how you wrote fifteen short stories and ten books. They want you to explain the benefits of reading your book over other books in the same genre.
5. Give a direct link to where they can buy your product. Don’t make the customer hunt for places to buy your product.
6. Show not Tell- Post pictures of your product on your blog and website. It is hard to buy a product when you don’t see a picture to give you an idea of what it looks like. One example of this: My husband and I were looking online for houses in a neighboring city that we might move into. The houses that didn’t offer pictures, we passed over. A product can be a great item with a reasonable price but without pictures of the product it will be hard to sell.
7. Word of mouth is always the best advertisement. To engage people to talk about your product, you can offer free samples, giveaways and contest. This will shed more light on your book and will generate more sales leads, especially if it is free.