Have you ever noticed that when someone starts a new business they are really motivated and can’t stop talking about their new venture. They want others to see how important the business is for them. As long as everything is going good, they stay motivated. Then, the first obstacle comes along, and they lose their motivation. They start thinking about the hard part of owning a business. They worry about money, customers, and their loss of time.
The question to ask yourself is: What can you do to stay motivated?
1. Set realistic goals for your business. Set goals that can be attainable. Start out with an easy list then you can make a harder one as you move along.
2. Set your mind on the end prize. Don’t give up when the first obstacle comes and gets in your way.
3. Have the right attitude. Nothing that matters is ever easy. What doesn’t kill us makes us stronger. You will appreciate the end result more, if you have to work at it.
4. Ask yourself what drive you? Why do you want this? Do you want to be successful? Do you want to finish a project? Do you want to feel some sense of accomplishment?
5. Don’t let fear stand in your way. Fear is probably the number one thing that stands in people’s ways of achieving success.
6. Take Action. Don’t just sit there and expect everything good to fall in your lap. Make it happen.